[plug] Netscape & Stability ...

Christian christian at global.net.au
Thu Jul 1 17:41:56 WST 1999

Trevor Phillips wrote:

> Actually, version 4.61 is not unsupported, ie; it IS supported. And it's the
> MOST unstable. ^_^
> If the above doesn't work, I'll try the libc5 vers (altho I think I left them
> coz I was sick of how slow and hungry they were...)

Are the glibc2 versions noticeably faster and less hungry?  (I wouldn't
have thought so if the only difference was the C library plus the couple
of hacks necessary to get around the minor differences).  I had begun to
see slowness and resource hunger as inherent qualities of Netscape. :P

Regards,

Christian.

--
Portability is for people who cannot write new programs.
				- Linus Torvalds, jokingly, on Linux's