[plug] netscape fonts too small on linux

Nigel Duff peregrin at iinet.net.au
Fri Jul 2 00:21:24 WST 1999

On Thu, 1 Jul 1999, Mike Holland wrote:

> Thanks Nigel, but i found that made no difference for pages (like redhat)
> that specify absolute size (<FONT size=2>). It help for relative sizes,
> like 'size=-1', but makes regular text too big.

 I have allow scaling and "use my default fonts ..." checked. I'm still
not getting a 24 point font though. It's only when i look at the page
source that i get the full size. I notice that comparing the size to
Slashdot's page, Redhat's font are still smaller (Slashdot's fonts don't
seem overly large). I sympathise with you though, i needed to get some
information from microsoft's page at one time, and found them impossible
to read.

 I have just gone to microsoft's page now. They are using a size=1 font. I
find i am just able to read the page. So it seems that even though i tell
Netscape to use my fonts, it doesn't.

Nigel.

An interesting side note. I used Ispell to check this message. It
recognises and wants to capitalise "microsoft's" but doesn't recognise
"redhat".