[plug] Help with Squid

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Wed Jul 7 10:12:20 WST 1999

On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, Paul Baumgarten wrote:

> My cache.log file has many occurances of "TCP connection to 203.5.184.1/3128
> failed" for the last couple of days.

My guess is you have this IP address configured as your parent cache. Are
you sure you have the right configuration?

That number resolves to host "gw.osbpk.eepo.com.au", and when you do an
nslookup of proxy.eepo.com.au, it comes back saying it's an alias to
proxy.osbpk.eepo.com.au, which resolves to 203.5.184.5
Perhaps you should put this IP address in as your parent cache instead.

I'd check with your ISP (eepo) first if you're not sure, though.

 - Matt