[plug] WordPerfect for Linux

Len Bird lenbird at iinet.net.au
Wed Jul 7 20:15:48 WST 1999

Andrew Howell wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 06, 1999 at 11:19:48PM +0800, John Summerfield wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks for the answers to my last query guys.
> > >
> > > I was wondering if I could bother you all for some info on the Wordperfect
> > > for Linux application.   Firstly, the Corel webpage only really mentions
> > > the one WP v8 application and I was wondering if the Linux version has all
> > > the bells and whistles (ie spreadsheet etc) that are listed there.  As far
> > > as I can tell from the www.everythinglinux.com.au site there is only a Word
> > > Processor.  Does the Linux App have the contact management, spreadsheet,
> > > etc . of the , supposedly, Windows Suite.
> >

> > It's Word perfect. It's not Office Perfect.
>
> I believe the whole office suite is due for release at the end of the year?
> Or is it sometime early 2000. I forget, anyway it's happening eventually.
>
> Anyway I'm a fairly happy wordperfect 8 for linux owner :)
>
> Andrew
>
> --
> Andrew Howell
> Managing Director
> Informed Technology
> E-mail: andrew at it.net.au
> Ph: 08 9380 4244  Fax: 08 9380 4354

I have only recently installled W.P.-8 for Linux i.e. the 90 day trial version. As
mentioned elsewhere it is a Word Processor only, and I am inclined to believe the
the paid up version will have more and better features than the trial package. Word
is that Corel are planning to release their own version of Linux along with a whole
raft of integrated programs. Their aim is to get their version of Linux to install
virtually automatically for a wider market. One might hope that they will offer
this at a competitive price. Coel Draw is arguably the pick of the graphics
programs but the price is a bit daunting to the home user.

Cheers  Len Bird