[plug] y2k help

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Thu Jul 15 18:03:30 WST 1999

> dual modem connection - more help
> At present we are connecting to our ISP using Babylon - but not having
> much success with this - we are having a lot of modem dropouts
> occuring.  Can anyone steer me in the direction of how to acheive the
> same thing using ppp or something similar.

I've not done it, but it looks straightforward.

Build a kernel. I assume yoi know how to do that. I use the command "make
xconfig" to configure it as it's easy to go the the option that needs
tweaking when I've changed my mind. First time, and with completely new
kernels. look at everything.

In "network device support,"  torn on "EQL."

Follow the advice hidden under the help" button.

If you need help making a basic ppp connexion, get back to the list.

Hint: Look in /usr/doc/ppp* first.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield