[plug] UCC 25th Luncheon Menu Details

nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Jul 16 19:50:22 WST 1999

Sorry about sending so many messages, but we've had too many queries about
the menu and the auction items to answer individually.

Here's the latest update for the UCC 25th Anniversary lunch. The menu has
just been confirmed and looks to be salivatingly delicious. There are even
vegetarian options :-). The auction items are still coming in but here is
the list for all of you who will be making proxy bids from afar.

We need to get bookings finalised soon and as you will see from the menu,
you will be well fed at the very least!  Email 25th at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
to reserve your ticket for this once in a life-time event. You can still
purchase your tickets online or come into the room anytime and get one there.

Check out the website if you haven't already:

    http://www.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au/25th

THE MENU
========

COLD STUFF.

Roasted meats and cold cuts
Pickled and roasted vegetables and flat breads
Fresh ocean King prawns on ice
Roma tomato, basil and bocconcini salad
Smoked chicken and spinach salad
Baby potato and crispy bacon salad
Pasta salad with roasted capsicum
Roasted vegetable salad
Mesclum leaves with balsamic vinaigrette

HOT STUFF.

Whole baked fish with sweet chilli sauce
Roasted Sirloin of Beef with button mushroom sauce
Almond crumbed chicken fillets with mango mayonnaise
Pasta with basil pesto sauce
Rolled and roasted leg of lamb with mint and red wine sauce
Baked jacket potatoes with sour cream
Sauteed fresh seaonal vegetables
Steamed jasmine rice

Hot oven baked house breads

AND FOR DESERT.

Selection of Australian cheeses and sliced fruits
Lavish array of homemade cakes and pastries
(Have requested Mud cake and Lemon merangue pie :-)

Coffee and Teas

-----------------------

The Auction items from sponsors so far...

2 x $30 book vouchers from the Co-Op bookshop

Umax scanner (USB) from Winthrop

3 x monthly ISP vouchers from iiNet

2 x T-shirts from Q-Net

2 x 3 month ISP vouchers from Starwon

Voucher for a travel book from STA

12 month subscription from New Scientist

Multimeter from Jaycar

2 x hairdo's from Talking Heads hair salon

Polariod sunnies from Oscar Glasser

Shirts from Apple
--------------------------

The Auction items from the UCC so far...

The mobile that hangs from UCC's ceiling

Gold-plated UNIVAC lugs

John's piece of carpet

--------------------------

More details as they come to hand...and as we get a chance in our heavy
schedules to go to Shenton Park and raid the cupboard.

See you all soon.

The UWA University Computer Club Committee,
  Ian McKellar - President
  Melissa Challenor - Vice-President
  Nick Rohrlach - Treasurer
  David Luyer - Secretary
  Nick Bannon, Sam Bentink, Mikolaj Habryn - OCMs
  Tamara Fehlberg - Fresher Representitive