[plug] Quakeathon

Leon Brooks leonb at bounce.networx.net.au
Mon Jul 19 12:47:26 WST 1999

I haven't been on the list for a while, due to a combination of hardware
and political problems, so haven't been following things too closely. If
this post doesn't make sense, you'll understand why...

The proposed Quakeathon at the UCC (University Computer Club at UWA) has
been moved back about a month to make sure everyone knows that it's on,
where and when. Since we have about five or six weeks, I thought it
would be good to discuss it now.

Our favourite Quakeathon day has been a Sunday, since work doesn't
interfere as much, but there is merit to the idea of replacing a
Monday-night session with it. Our proposed venue is the UCC loft. UCC
are happy about this, but I will have to check with UniGames.

Matt can bring a serious hub, I can bring a little 8-port 10Mb hub with
a BNC plug and some BNC and UTP cables, and I'm sure we can arrange some
power-boards between us, but if more people bring things like these it
will be easier to set things up.

If you need to get things from the Net, ask Matt (zombie at networx.net.au)
well before time, as it will simplify things, both electrically and
politically, if we don't hook up to the web. BTW, if you want a good
reason to not use Explorer, Matt has a URL for you. (-:

Any comments of day or venue?

Also, last Fast Eddy's meeting involved an offer of a couple of venues,
one in South Perthish and one north of the river. One of these might
also (by virtue of an established gaming community) be a viable option
for Quakeathonning.

--
(3) With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not
    necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are