[plug] Printing problem RH6

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Tue Jul 20 09:58:32 WST 1999

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Mark Saxon wrote:

> yep sends it to the printer as does
> /var/spool/lpd/lp/filter < my_postscript_file > /dev/lp0
> but only when su root so I guess that means lpd is working okay

> why not from X ?

Because you aren't logged in as root? Looks like your file premissions are
screwed.

> /var/spool/lpd/lp/filter: /usr/lib/rhs/rhs-printfilters: permission
> denied

So what are the permissions?

> /var/spool/lpd/lp/filter: tr: command not found

And do you _have_ 'tr' ?

> /var/spool/lpd/lp/filter: File: command not found

Looks like the print script has ignored earlier errors and got confused.
Bad script.

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
	"Disraeli was pretty close: actually, there are Lies, Damn lies,
	 Statistics, Benchmarks, and Delivery dates."