[plug] re: editing

Bevan Broun bevanb at ee.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jul 21 09:31:43 WST 1999

on Mon, Jul 19, 1999 at 11:20:47PM +0800, Jon L. Miller <jlmiller at wantree.com.au> wrote:
> bear with me I'm just starting to use RH6, how does one go about
> editing files in RH6 what tool is available and commands?

http://www.bsyse.wsu.edu/~rnelson/editors/editors.htm contains a
reasonably complete list of editors that are available for unix/linux

http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/~guckes/ has some info on some editors,
particulary vi(m)

also see comp.editors and it's FAQ at ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/

Anybody who is going to use unix often should know basic vi. I recomend
you use vim which is vi with extentions. I have learnt a ton about vi
thru vim.

BB
--
Bevan Broun                                           ph (08) 9380 1587
Computer Systems Officer                             fax (08) 9380 1065