[plug] re: editing

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Wed Jul 21 10:02:04 WST 1999

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, Bevan Broun wrote:

> Anybody who is going to use unix often should know basic vi. I recomend
> you use vim which is vi with extentions. I have learnt a ton about vi

Thou shalt fall apon thy knees and repent foul blasphemer! For
there be one True Editor, and His profit be rms*, creator of the Gnu and
grandfather of Linux.
  All hail Emacs!

* Richard "lignux" Stallman.
+ disclaimer: I'm a protestant, since I use Xemacs.

P.S. note that i'm also making a serious point here about views on
editors.

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
	"Disraeli was pretty close: actually, there are Lies, Damn lies,
	 Statistics, Benchmarks, and Delivery dates."