[plug] re: editing

Peter Caffin pc at it.net.au
Thu Jul 22 04:03:57 WST 1999

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, Brad Campbell wrote:
[...]
> personaly, I use ae, as it comes standard on Debian..
> and nedit for xwindows...
> I used to use xemacs, but it is too heavy.

As this is turning into more of a poll than a flame war, I may as well add
my contribution: pico (using sed for regexp stuff) and vi (to keep in
practice).

Being forced to use the antiquated mess that is SCO in my last job
reinforced the need to keep my vi skills intact for future crappy old
UNIXes I may yet encounter.

 _oo__ |_|_ |__  _ |  _ |_|_o _  pc at it dot net dot a u |
/                 PO Box 869, Hillarys WA 6923, AUSTRALIA |