[plug] no more lilo

Len Bird lenbird at iinet.net.au
Mon Jul 26 13:53:33 WST 1999

McMaster wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>
> One of my friends installed linux on his old 80meg box, decided that he
> didnt want it, and formatted the hard-drive. Problem is that lilo is in the
> boot sector, and he can't get rid of it. What does he need to do?
>
> Ta,
>
> Steve

If you download MUD.EXE from Maxtor.com you will get a set of utilities which
will erase the boot sector and with it the LILO. Alternatively you have to do
a Low Level Format of the HD, and this is also possible on the utilities. The
first alternative is preferable, and it is possible that the Utes may only
function correctly with a Maxtor HD.  Lets hear how you get on,

Len  Bird