[plug] Debain queries....THANX TO ALL>>>>>>

dynamix dynamix at wanet.com.au
Thu Jul 29 12:33:05 WST 1999

Thank you to all of you who got back to me with fixes for my problems with
Debian.

The sound turned out to be this idiots fault . I had recompiled and set up
with the irq , base address and only one of the 2 dma's.

The mouse, I ran gpm, and that fixed it. when I ran xfsetup/config after it
found the mouse.

The Internet ...what that was I still have no idea.
my resolv.conf file wa fine ( i used the same one in Redhat and Caldera)
But after recompileing the kernel it worked great.

of course the great fiddle factor came into play and now i have another
problem to contend with...
the case of the disapperaring modules.
Boot up this morning ran a long list of all the modules It Couldnt find.!!
i did a locate and they are there.
/etc/modules is there...
when i do a
lsmod