[plug] Time & Task Management Tool

Andrew McMeikan andrew.mcmeikan at mitswa.com.au
Wed Jun 2 08:59:32 WST 1999

Hi Trev,
	Ok, so you don't like Java, I tend to think its a nice way of
having the same app over diverse machines,  Java-script can probably do
enough client side validation if thats more to your liking.  If you want
to do something quick and dirty to try out, I have a good general purpose
CGI prog in C that just writes form data to a text file, you can then use
awk to display that data back onto an info page.  I use this prog for
recording some fairly non-dynamic info and its easy to set up for new
stuff.
	let me know if you want a copy, or if someone wishes it of general
interest to the list I'll stick it here.

	cya,	Andrew...

 On Tue, 1 Jun 1999, Trevor Phillips wrote:

> Andrew McMeikan wrote:
> >
> > Hi Trev,
> >         sounds like a handy thing to have, I might make myself a rough one
> > based on a bit of CGI and let you know if its hard.  Ideally it would
> > be a java app; but its been too long since I have done that.  If you dont
> > hear back it was too hard ;)  There are comercial products for web/UNIX
> > that will do this, I suspect they will be overkill.
>
> Ummmmm. Can you explain "Ideally it would be a java app" ?? As in
> Applet??

<SNIP>