[plug] Time & Task Management Tool

Peter Caffin pc at it.net.au
Tue Jun 1 20:05:06 WST 1999

On Tue, 1 Jun 1999, Trevor Phillips wrote:
> (Ok, so I'm a Perl Advocate; I've yet to have someone demonstrate
> advantages of writing Web apps in anything else; server- or client-side.
> ^_^;;)

Not necessarily Perl, though. There are some scripts which I've
found were quicker to do with a mix of other languages (shell script, sed,
.netrc, expect, etc).

However, CGI is the way to go :). Lots of nice functionality with complete
browser independence. With CGI scripts, you can have the same thing
function on anything from Netscape 1.0 (okay, its lack of tables support
bites) through to IE5.whatever.

Mind you, PHP looks interesting though, as does SSI. Leon's page with the
PHP stuff which presents Slashdot news items is nice :). But very
definitely Javascript and other client-side languages give me the
sh*ts ;).

 _oo__ |_|_ |__  _ |  _ |_|_o _  pc at it dot net dot a u |
/                 PO Box 869, Hillarys WA 6923, AUSTRALIA |