[plug] Time & Task Management Tool

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Wed Jun 2 13:33:58 WST 1999

Bret Busby wrote:

> I don't know much about it, but, couldn't it be written using php?
> Then, all that is needed, is a web browser, that reads HTML, to access
> the stuff, if my understanding is correct.

You'd also need a PHP capable web-server. So in that respects a CGI
would be a little more portable. True, you'd do a mod_perl or fastcgi,
but either technique it's easy enough to have a plain CGI version.

You could very well write it in PHP, and in fact, the closest
contender(s) I've seen have been PHP apps!

PHP never caught on with me. It meant learning yet another language (or
differences between it & similar languages), and my mindset doesn't go
overly with the bits of an app in pages scheme. Personally I'm the
"Script with big chunks of HTML" school of thought, not the "HTML with
big chunks of Script" ...

: CWIS Technical Officer         -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :