[plug] Time & Task Management Tool

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Wed Jun 2 13:41:37 WST 1999

Andrew McMeikan wrote:

> Hi Trev,
>         Ok, so you don't like Java, I tend to think its a nice way of
> having the same app over diverse machines,  Java-script can probably do
> enough client side validation if thats more to your liking.  If you want

No no no. I can see how one binary working on multi-platforms is great!
(That's one of the reasons I primarily code in Perl!) Just on the
practicality side I've had apps crashes, and on the coding side, I
didn't get into it, and couldn't see many advantages...

So, I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how wonderful Java is for
writing code. Or do I have to pass an initiation and swear oaths before
I can be part of the Java movement. ^_^

> to do something quick and dirty to try out, I have a good general purpose
> CGI prog in C that just writes form data to a text file, you can then use
> awk to display that data back onto an info page.  I use this prog for
> recording some fairly non-dynamic info and its easy to set up for new
> stuff.

Out of interest, have you tried Perl at all?? ^_^

: CWIS Technical Officer         -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :