[plug] Time & Task Management Tool

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Tue Jun 1 19:18:13 WST 1999

John Breen wrote:

> I have Apache and PostgreSQL on my Linux box at the moment.  I'm trying
> to get Oracle 8, or eventually setup mySQL.  The PERL scripting should
> be fairly simple.  I only said Oracle, 'cause I know it's got a web
> server which lets you program PL/SQL directly (sort of), and 'cause it's
> what I use at work (I'm an Oracle developer).

Aaah! Here's a question I've yet to have someone properly answer: What
reason is there to use PL/SQL over Perl+DBD for Database Applications??

(And as for Oracle's Webserver, THERE'S a product that's been NO end of
hassles for me. ^_^)

> Anyways, a get-together/chat would be cool sometime, if you can manage
> it.

A few others at Murdoch are also interested, so we may do it internally,
but I'll definitely keep you posted on what happens if you want (and
I'll try and get 'em to make it OpenSource. ^_^)

> I live in Yangebup, work in Kwinana and don't have a car, so that might
> place some restrictions on things.  But feel free to call me if you
> want.  My work number's in the sig (right at the bottom), and I don't
> object (too much) to being called at work.
>
> Cheers,
>
> John Breen

Um, where's your .sig??? ^_^

John Breen wrote in another mail:
> So what you're looking for is basically a tool that lets you set up time
> sheets?

A bit more than that, I think. Time sheets imply paper tables to me,
while this is more a general database geared towards time and physical
resource condition and evolution. ^_^

: CWIS Technical Officer         -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :