[plug] display

Andrew McMeikan andrew.mcmeikan at mitswa.com.au
Wed Jun 2 15:19:44 WST 1999

Hi John,

On Tue, 1 Jun 1999, John Summerfield wrote:
> > Hi all,
<snip>
> > better way (ie. games port has power out, but does it have 3 outgoing TTL
> > lines?)
> USB ports are powered.

and probably impracticle for this use.

> I presume on that machine you don't care much for the speaker: you could
> connect that output to a display and play sounds all the time it's up.

I could be wrong but I think the speaker only has 2 lines, a gate and
signal line.

I have realized where a good place would be.  The keyboard, handy 5volts
and three spare lines Caps-lock, num lock and scroll lock :)

I don't suppose it should be too hard to find sample code for toggling
these lines, just likely to be slower to display that otherwise.

	cya,	Andrew...