[plug] Does anyone know where i can get source for dos2unix?

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Thu Jun 3 08:36:25 WST 1999

> > > I wouldn't recommend running this as root.  Actually, I wouldn't
> > > recommend running this at all. :)
> >
> > I do dry runs first to see what's being hit.
>
> What Christian was referring to, was that if someone else on your system

There IS nobody else on my system

> ran ln -s /etc/passwd /tmp/trimmed before you ran that command as root,
> your passwd file would be overwritten.

Neither did anyone else say anything about /tmp. I didn't say anything
about running anything as root: I agree that running things as root unless
necessary as a bad idea: I winge, whine and complain to authors if a
source rpm can't be "rpm --rebuild"ed as me.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield