[plug] Does anyone know where i can get source for dos2unix?

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Thu Jun 3 19:19:13 WST 1999

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, John Summerfield wrote:

> There IS nobody else on my system

It's still a good idea to get into the habit of writing secure code
anyway.

> Neither did anyone else say anything about /tmp.

What does the script above do then?
It reads a file, strips the CR characters, and writes it to /tmp/trimmed,
overwriting any existing file (and overwriting the target of a symlink
called /tmp/trimmed)

I stand by my opinion that noone should use /tmp for temporary files like
that, even on a single-user machine.

 - Matt