ANZ, was Re: [plug] Star Office and 5.1 and the registration

Christian christian at global.net.au
Fri Jun 4 13:15:38 WST 1999

Mike Holland wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, Bret Busby wrote:
>
> > Does that include the wonderful method of security (?) developed by
> > the ANZ Internet banking facility (shut out everyone who does not have
> > IE 4 or IE5, and tell those who can access the facility, that 128 bit
> > encryption applies, regardless of the ability of their browser?)
>
> I have recently use ANZ from Netscape 4.51 on Linux.
> No problems, except being slow. Nothing special to do.
> What method do they use?  A java encryption program?

Bret was telling me that they it through a page served from an
SSL-enabled web server and also showed me some emails from the ANZ staff
who were telling him that it as using 128 bit encryption, despite the
fact that International browsers only do 40-bit.  Can anyone suggest a
reason for this anomaly? (other than the ANZ staff are clueless/lying
which hopefully is not the case).

Regards,

Christian.