[plug] Star Office and 5.1 and the registration

David Bastow bastowdl at cs.curtin.edu.au
Fri Jun 4 13:25:52 WST 1999

<Insert message outlining "how studid these `how-long-to-learn'
debates are and how I really shouldn't post anything but..." here>

On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, Bret Busby wrote:

> [...]

I learnt latex last night - (cracked open a tutorial at about 9:00pm) and
I have just handed in a lab report complete with equations, graphs and
circuit diagrams, written in latex.  It didn't seem much harder than HTML
to me, same idea, _slightly_ larger vocabulary.  I don't claim to be an
expert - far from it - but I got the job done.

> With that time frame, in spite of people's anticipated adverse
> response on this mailing list, I would be inclined to use M$ Winword
> 97, on WinNT, for the stability that that would give over Win9x.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Bret Busby

The last lab report I did (of similar nature) took me _hours_.  Ever tried
to use MS equation editor for, like, real work!  It doesn't even have
keyboard shortcuts for anything, its all clickety, click, click, click
all the way - and soooooooo tedius.

Seems I have $9.94 left now,

   David B