[plug] Censored

Greg Mildenhall greg at networx.net.au
Tue Jun 8 00:59:31 WST 1999

On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, Bret Busby wrote:
> On 6/8/99, 12:33:47 AM, Greg Mildenhall <greg at networx.net.au> wrote
> regarding Re: [plug] Censored:
> > Does that list remind you of Beavis and Butthead sniggering every time
> > they could find a pathetically obscure reference to some tabu topic?
> I don't understand the reference. Did it refer to the salon list? Or,
> to comments on this list?
I was referring to the list of banned words linked to by the Salon
article. It reminded me of someone with a filthy mind looking through the
dictionary looking for words that could somehow construe as dirty, then
laughing in glee at their ingenuity. B&B did this regularly, as did some
character on an australian comedy show a couple of years back (might have
been played by michael veitch?)

> I didn't watch beaver and bucket - from what I saw in the ads for it,
> I thought it was as disgusting as watching question time in feral
> parliament.
Precisely the point I was making, old chap, only in reverse. :)

-Greg