[plug] Censored

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Tue Jun 8 00:37:47 WST 1999

On 6/8/99, 12:33:47 AM, Greg Mildenhall <greg at networx.net.au> wrote
regarding Re: [plug] Censored:

> On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, Bret Busby wrote:
> > As a person who is interested in gothic architecture, I find it
> > disturbing, from that aspect, as well. Fancy banning references to
> > gothic architecture! Talk about inbred parochiality!
> Don't say "inbred", a little kid might hear you.

Wouldn't they just think it was some kind of sandwich (of which we are
the meat in the middle)?

> Does that list remind you of Beavis and Butthead sniggering every time
> they could find a pathetically obscure reference to some tabu topic?
> Beavis and Butthead annoyed me, but a) it was just meaningless telly
and
> b) I didn't watch it, because I had a choice. This is real life, and
it is
> _not_ an opt-in system.

> -Greg

I don't understand the reference. Did it refer to the salon list? Or,
to comments on this list?

I didn't watch beaver and bucket - from what I saw in the ads for it,
I thought it was as disgusting as watching question time in feral
parliament.

Bret Busby