[plug] Star Office 5.1 browser problem

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Wed Jun 9 23:57:05 WST 1999

I have been using the email and the browser concurrently, without any
problems, until now (for about a month). I used them earlier today in
a login session, without any problems.

Now, the browser has gone stupid.

Whether I select a URL from the list box, or, type it in manually, I
get an error message, if the URL has the http prefix.

The error message is this (an example URL):

"Error opening document http://plug.linux.org.au/:
Wrong parameter.
An invalid parameter was passed."

It happens with any http URL that I try to use.

It doesn't happen with an ftp URL (I tried it, to check).

The colon does not appear in the URL, or path, or whatever, list box,
but appears in the error message, as if Star Office is appending the
colon to any http URL.

Does anyone know why it is doing this, or, more importantly, how to
fix it?

A 200 MB email application seems to be somewhat of a dinosaur in a tar
pit.

Star Division aren't worth contacting - they have already shown that
they are indeed competing with M$, in everything, including not
responding to queries. In that, they have shown themselves to be at a
level surpassing M$. I can get answers from M$, sometimes.

Bret Busby