[plug] Windows Briefing

Bradley Browne brad at argo.net.au
Fri Jun 11 09:10:34 WST 1999

I also went to the Microsoft thingy and found that the coaster they gave
me could be inserted into my CD Drive.  I think this might be a show of
folly on my part, because now my computer will not boot.

I attempted to install Windows 2000 Beta 3 but after it told me all the
incompatibilities with my hardware I decided I would not bother.  The
problem is now my computer will not boot.  It gets to the message :

Initializing Plug & Play Cards ...
Card-01 Creative SB AWE64 PnP

and then stops... indefinitely.  If I remove the card it stops at the
recognizing the CD-ROM stage.  I have reset the bios and disabled PnP in
the bios and yet it still does not boot. And I have no idea why my
computer is doing this.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brad