[plug] "Fuck" will NOT be banned. Lets have some reality.

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Fri Jun 11 10:05:11 WST 1999

On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, Oliver White wrote:

> The Australian government actually suggested using 'iSherrif' and annother

 What do you mean by "The Australian government"? That implies an official
status. Can you give names, dates, references?
  No doubt many silly ideas have been put forward by various government
members, but they needn't be cause for hysteria.

> filtering program I can't remember. These *would* filter the word fuck, as
> well as amature, leather and toys. A major point in the bill is that ISPs

This is a strawman argument - irrelevant if it isnt in the legislation.
On the other hand, I fell asleep while trying to read the original
legislation. Can you refer me?

Specifically, where does it state that ISPs must dynamically assess the
content of web-sites?

And by what grounds could language be classified as R,X, or RC?

------

There is a good summary at

http://gomed.rodos.net/censor/bill-summary.html.

For the bill as passed in HTML, see: