[plug] quake multiplayer

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Tue Jun 15 12:39:02 WST 1999

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999, james wrote:

> does anybody use linux quake out there?  i've got it running but when i
> load multiplayer it can't find my ppp connection.  is there a config
> file somewhere to edit and if so what and how?

..... I've been happily playing Quake2 and Quake3test over the 'Net ...
The only config file Quake2 needs is /etc/quake2.conf ... it should contain
one line ... the pathe to your quake2 installation ... it is used for locating
libraries ...

Quake is totally transport independant ... there is no reason it wouldn't find
your ppp connection .... you should try using IP's instead of names and useing
a Server that is hosted at you ISP if available ...

Yours Tony.