[plug] quake multiplayer

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Tue Jun 15 13:49:14 WST 1999

James,
from memory, I think i had to edit /etc/hosts and put my current
dynamic IP address in there with the hostname.
  It may depend which version of Quake1 you are using.

Or maybe you could use the 'hostname' command to set to the DNS name,

e.g.  hostname dialup123.my_isp.com.au

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999, james wrote:

> does anybody use linux quake out there?  i've got it running but when i
> load multiplayer it can't find my ppp connection.  is there a config
> file somewhere to edit and if so what and how?

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
                -- Rich Kulawiec