[plug] Why don't my messages get through?

Christian christian at global.net.au
Fri Jun 18 16:28:32 WST 1999

blockley at environ.wa.gov.au wrote:

> I know some anti spam security has been set up on the mailing list.  Is
> this why my messages don't seem to get through from my home machine?

They don't get through because if the sender's address in the From
header doesn't match an address of someone subscribed to the list then
they are silently discarded.  (Almost) pointless and irritating I know,
but that's the way it's been set up.  If you want to send email from
another machine then change the configuration of the email client on
that machine to give your subscribed address.  If you're using a client
like pine that doesn't allow you to do this then you're sort of stuck.

Regards,

Christian.

--
If you have any trouble sounding condescending, find a Unix user to show
you how it's done.