[plug] graphics board

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Sun Jun 20 07:01:46 WST 1999

> Depends on what your willing to pay.  S3 ViRGE cards are well supported
> and have a nice price tag to go along with that too.  I'll probably
> say your best bet would be an S3, they are very cheap, and do the job.

S3Virge != S3

S3Virge cards have a bad reputation with OS/2: I have one and it's not
good with NT either. OTOH S3 Trio cards work well with OS/2, NT and Linux.

Before forking out more $$, update to the latest XFree from the RHL 5.2
update tree. It has new driver support and we've found it essential for
SIS on-board video.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield