[plug] Why don't my messages get through?

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Tue Jun 22 08:56:42 WST 1999

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999 blockley at environ.wa.gov.au wrote:

> It looks like the address on my From:
> field is being filtered so that if I use the atmos address it is being
> changed to qnim if I use another address it is not being changed.  Is
> this filtering typical for aliased host names?

I think it's a config option in sendmail.

You can also try to unsubscribe manually by doing:

telnet digital.linux.org.au 25
HELO atmos.murdoch.edu.au
MAIL FROM:<blockley at atmos.murdoch.edu.au>
RCPT TO:<majordomo at linux.org.au>
DATA
From: blockley at atmos.murdoch.edu.au
To: majordomo at linux.org.au

unsubscribe plug
.

Of course if your internet connection is firewalled or filtered so you
can't manually telnet to port 25 on other mailservers, you won't be able
to do this.

 - Matt