[plug] OT: ... SPARC classic Xterminal

Jamie Moir moir at opera.iinet.net.au
Wed Jun 23 18:18:45 WST 1999

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima wrote:

> Isure the info is out there.  I've just been loaned a SPARC classic Xterm.
> I have lots of stuuf that should, in theory amek X work on them :)
>
> The first hurdel is I can't actuall make it boot :(

ok, i use rarp for mine and netboot it, mine is a classicX but its been
prom fiddled to boot a disk :) [i took it out coz it was noisy but]

> IF I plug it into the LAN it sit forever and a day trying to find out who it
> is :)
> If I don'rt plug it in it sit forever and a day saying ... Your network is
> bung .... WHo am I ???

> So in short can anyone out there point me at either of my 2 options ???

tony i have pretty much the same machine running, i just set up rarp,
netboot it, then nfs install it, and use a pc for a nfsroot server and too
occasionaly provide x

oh and i set it up w/debian slink, also 2.2.9 seems to compile ok for
slink unpatched :)

till