[plug] Kernel too big

Bradley Browne brad at argo.net.au
Thu Jun 24 09:19:03 WST 1999

I have tried to compile a kernel with ppp support for my RH 6.0 box and
when I make zImage it says the kernel is too big, so I use bzImage and
then LILO says that the kernel is too big.

I have actually stripped a lot of the stuff from the kernel so that it
will be lean (excess filesystems, SCSI support not related to parallel
port ZIP etc...) and yet this is the thanks I get :)

I have compiled kernels before and not had a problem, I have noticed
however that there are more options to choose from in make xconfig than
the 5.2 release but I have opted for the same options, with the
exception of the new console stuff.

Has anyone had this problem ?

Cheers,

Brad