[plug] Linux on Valuepoint

Colin.Wagnell at bankwest.com.au Colin.Wagnell at bankwest.com.au
Fri Jun 25 15:48:35 WST 1999

So you are running RH6 on a Valuepoint machine are you?

GB <gb at perthpcug.org.au> on 06/25/99 03:20:55 PM

Please respond to plug at linux.org.au

To:   plug at linux.org.au
cc:    (bcc: Colin Wagnell/PRS/SS/BankWest)
Subject:  Re: [plug] Linux on Valuepoint

Redhat 6 with the 2.2.x kernel is available at  www.everythinglinux.com.au
for
about $6 plus postage. I bought it from them..  :^)=

Just look for the "Bleeding Edge" CDROMs.

Colin.Wagnell at bankwest.com.au wrote:

> Has anybody got any experience installing Linux on an IBM Valuepoint
> 486DX2/66 or an IBM MCA machine?
>
> I want to put Redhat 5.2 (kernel 2.0.36 I think) on this machine at home.
> Unfortunately it seems to cause an UNSCHEDULED reboot just as VMLINUZ is
machine
> is MCA or not, as this can cause some problems as MCA is not always
> supported.
>
> According to the information that I can find kernel 2.0.7 does support
MCA,

____

____