[plug] Linux on Valuepoint

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Tue Jun 29 12:16:32 WST 1999

Colin,

Information on the 6472-L0D can be found at
http://www.pc.ibm.com/support?page=6472-L0D&lang=en_US&x=10&y=7  or if that
breaks, just go to www.ibm.com and then support and finally, enter your
model number.

It seems this started life as a diskless workstation, is this correct?  No
idea what bus it uses (not looked that far) but I can vouch for the fact
that some ValuePoints can host Linux.  I have had one working for nearly a
year now, an elderly 486SX33, and am principally using it as a poor-man's
WINS server using SAMBA.  My OS is Debian, recently upgraded from hamm to
slink with no modifications (i.e. have not built a specific kernel for it.)
 My 486 box is an (E?)ISA architecture machine, a 6384-K3G  No experience
(yet) with Linux on MCA machines.

HTH,
Denis