Fw: [plug] Hard Drives

Kim Covil kimc at ned.dem.csiro.au
Sat Jun 26 17:31:22 WST 1999

> Is anyone sure about this? I'm going to put Linux on my slave, which I am
> hoping to put in this weekend.. Can I set up LILO on my win HDD?

Yes you can... LILO is actually amazingly powerful... it can completely
remap your harddrives around for different boot options... I have a
machine somewhere around here where I have installed Windows on the
secondary drive and Linux on the primary but under lilo reordered the
drives so windows thinks it is on the primary drive... it's quite useful
cos I can rip the windows drive out and stick it in another machine and
it is none the wiser... LILO can also work around that stupid problem
with Award bioses where they have every boot order possible except
A,SCSI,C and the IDE drives always appear before the SCSI drives...

Kim

Kim Covil - Australian Geodynamics CRC   E-mail: kimc at ned.dem.csiro.au
            CSIRO Exploration & Mining   Tel: +61 8 9284 8425   ,-_!\
            PO Box 437, Nedlands,        Fax: +61 8 9389 1906  /     \
            Western Australia  6009                            *_,-._/
   Please direct all personal e-mail to kimbotha at it.net.au