[plug] Help!

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Sun Jun 27 10:46:44 WST 1999

> I've just installed Red Hat, after a few formats >:)
> All going well.... except I can't use my mouse :/ On the back of it, it
> says Serial Mouse 2.1A, and it it made by microsoft

In what context can't you use your mouse? Logging into a Linux console?
Running XFree?

To use it from a Linux console, you need to install gpm.

> Also, I'm not sure if I have a kernel installed?! Does it auto install when
> I install Red Hat 5.2 from the pocketbook?

If you've booted, you have a kernel: without the kernel there is no Linux.

Whether you've installed the kernel source or kernel headers is another
matter. If you don't want to compile your own kernel or write programs in
C or C++, don't bother.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield