[plug] Assembler stuff

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Tue Jun 29 11:51:11 WST 1999

I was using M$ WinNT, yesterday, with IE4 (it is the only combination
that I have got working with ANZ Internet banking), and IE4 crashed.
It came up with a dialogue box, that asked whether I wanted to debug
the application. I thought, stuff it, why not see what happened, and
so entered yes. Next thing, Visual C++ loads, and disassembles it,
giving me  the assembler code.

So, I think, if it can do that, if I get some driver (like a GDI
printer driver) for window$, and disassemble it, using Visual C++, and
copy the assembly code to Linux, and assemble it in Linux, will it
work? Or, will the assembler code be slightly different?

Any constructive advice would be appreciated.

Bret Busby