[plug] Red Hat 6 (?)

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Tue Jun 29 13:56:16 WST 1999

On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, Bret Busby wrote:

> Yes, I am currently using Star Office 5.1, which we got at the same
> time as RH 6, and it seems to work okay (apart from the slowness),
> apart from the browser going wonky, and not working anymore. That is,
> with RH 5.2. Leon said that it works okay with RH 6, as well, without
> needing patching.

Unless you have upgraded you are running StarOfiice 5.01 NOT 5.1 they are
differnt releases.  I base this on the machine I broke at UWA meeting a month
ago.

> >From memory, there is also a change, that affects printers, by
> changing the lp number or something.

... Yes it does BUT as long as you re-create you printcap your printcap file
with the RedHat 6.0 printtoll that's a non-issue.

> What came next? Its missing from the email that I got. What will RH 6
> give?

Opps I moved that paragrph from its original location and DIDN't proof it :(
just ignore the "RedHat 6.0 ..... you" staement.

Yours Tony.