[plug] netscape fonts too small on linux

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Wed Jun 30 14:51:18 WST 1999

Has anyone managed to get correct font sizes from Netscape, for
pages that dont use the default size?
  I'm using 4.51 now, but have had the same problem in other versions -
when the font is set in a web page, it comes out too small under Linux.

e.g. RedHat pages set
 <FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetia,Sans-Serif" SIZE="2">

which looks quite small under Linux, but OK under windoze NS or ms-ie.
I tried setting the X-server to 100dpi, but no change.

On the 'view' menu, 'increase font' and 'decrease font' are disabled.
Is all this the same for everybody?

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
	"Disraeli was pretty close: actually, there are Lies, Damn lies,
	 Statistics, Benchmarks, and Delivery dates."