[plug] Uni. questions

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Wed Mar 3 09:13:44 WST 1999

When i studied IT, they didnt ask such political/business questions.
But given that 50% of Microsoft documentation is marketing propaganda,
its good that they are preparing students to handle it.

   Is 'Information Systems' the same as IT?  Last I heard, they were
talking about changing the name to 'Information Media' in a desperate
attempt to attract more females.

On Tue, 2 Mar 1999, Rob Hall wrote:

> Started our first tutorials for Information Systems at ECU yesterday.  We
> had to answer the following question:
>
> What is Linux? In your view does it pose a serious threat to Microsoft's
> business? Explain why/why not.

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
3rd Law of Computing:
        Anything that can go wr
fortune: Segmentation violation -- Core dumped