[plug] Bill embraces Linux?

Peter Robinson ribbo at iinet.net.au
Wed Mar 3 22:55:56 WST 1999

On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, Gregory RAFTERY wrote:

> I have just been experimenting with WINE and was wondering what sort of
> reaction the Linux community would have to an announcement that Microsoft
> would embrace Linux and begin developing/porting applications.
>
> Everyone else is jumping on the bandwagon, why not the Empire? Would it
> give them brownie points for encouraging diversity of OS's in the eyes of
> the DOJ? Or further implicate them as raving monopolists?
>
> I hope i will not have nightmares now.

Some how I don't think so, I think Bill would prefer to kill himself. Some
of the statements that have come from MS and supposedly Bill about Linux
in the last twelve months sort of shows this idea, hell they won't even
port MS Internet Explioter to Linux due to Linux being a free platform,
even if it helps them to beat Netscape at the browser wars. One of MSs
core policy's is to fight OSS at all costs.

Peter

| Windows has detected that the mouse has moved, please reboot for |
| this change to take effect                                       |
Peter Robinson
ribbo at iinet.net.au
http://www.iinet.net.au/~ribbo/