[plug] naive question: what is squid?

Peter Robinson ribbo at iinet.net.au
Thu Mar 4 07:12:27 WST 1999

On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, Tamara Thompson wrote:

> Oh, thank you, yes that helps.  Where can I get it, or if I stumble into it on my new RH 5.2, can I just run it?  I know, read the man pages.  <smile>
> Thanks again!

Redhat 5.2 will come with it, actually RedHat 5.2 will probaly come with 2
versions. if you do an 'rpm -q squid' it will tell you if you have it
installed, also do an 'rpm -q squid-novm' -> if this exists then erase it
using 'rpm -e squid-novm' The later version doesn't use virtual memory and
is a pain in the butt.

Peter

ribbo at iinet.net.au
http://www.iinet.net.au/~ribbo/