[plug] Hello?

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Thu Mar 4 09:05:15 WST 1999

Hi Trevor

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Trevor Phillips wrote:

> Did this message actually make it to the list?
>
> I didn't get much response to my other queries. I'm left wondering if
> any of the following is the case:
>   - The questions/problems I posed aren't normal fare for this mail list

I received your messages, but I think the trouble is noone here really
knows the answer, nor has been willing to take a stab at it.
Maybe the mention of "HP" scared everyone off. ;)

Personally I have no idea if you can set the BackSpace and Delete keycodes
from the server end, other than maybe /etc/X11/Xmodmap rather than
~/.Xmodmap
Mine contains the lines:

keycode 22 = BackSpace
keycode 107 = Delete
keycode 115 = osfSelect
keycode 116 = osfActivate
keycode 117 = osfMenu

The latter three lines enabling me to bind those otherwise worthless
"microsoft keys" on my keyboard to useful functions.

As for a recommendation for an IMAP Mail reader, pine in an rxvt would be
my choice.

I can't help you with your KDE browser problem, because I only started
looking at KDE yesterday (got it running on my Sparc Classic.. looks good,
but haven't made up my mind if I like it yet :)
I think for general web pages, Netscape or Mozilla are going to be the go
for a little while yet.

Your Samba/KDE query might be best asked to the KDE community.

>   - It's privileged info, and not to be dished out till I'm a fully
> initiated Clan member

Well there's that too.. You're not an initiated Clan member until you've
fragged the president at the Global Warriors games night to be had at the
end of this month *grin*

 - Matt