[plug] Hello?

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Thu Mar 4 16:29:38 WST 1999

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Trevor Phillips wrote:

> I think it'd be good! If they were decent machines I wouldn't mind paying a bit
> extra to save the hassle. Even just HiraMonitors would save the hassle of
> lunking my old 17" around. ^_^

They've got monitors.. you just need to pre-book them because they haven't
got many of them. :)

> Do many PLUGgers game under Linux??

I don't believe many people ran anything but Linux at the last games night
:)

I believe people were mainly playing Quake II

> What? No Heretic II?? *sigh sadly* I'd really like a local quick Heretic II
> server!!

Well I just spoke to the guys in charge, and they say if there's
sufficient interest in one, we might put one up.  Also, since a lot of the
games we host were sponsored by one of several computer game shops, Steve
is going to phone around and ask if anyone will sponsor Heretic II in
which case we will put it up soon.

> No server stats online?

Yeah, but instead of being a big button on the left hand frame like it
was, they've moved it to a little button down the bottom so you have to
know it's there.. :( (It's the little N with what I suppose is meant to be
a magnifying glass around it :))
Or just go to http://live.networx.net.au/games/ direct

> How busy are the servers usually?

No idea.  A lot of people seem to be playing "Tribes" at the moment (there
are 4 people on right now) but I'm not here at nights (and have a really
crappy computer at home) so I don't know how busy it gets.

> When's the peak times?

Night times mainly, especially weekends.  When the kids are home from
school. :)

 - Matt

P.S.  I guess this thread has drifted way offtopic for this list. Perhaps
we ought to continue it privately.