[plug] Hello?

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Thu Mar 4 16:14:02 WST 1999

Matt Kemner wrote:

> I've bound them to the same functions of my 3 mouse buttons, so I can
> effectively run X without a mouse if I really really have to. :)

*boggle*

> Yeah, a common problem, which is probably why GW is not as popular as it
> should be.. Several people have approached Peter wanting to buy a share
> in his business, but I'm trying to convince Peter to get them to buy a
> whole bunch of PCs instead (under their own business) and provide them at
> GW for Peter to hire out to people, so they don't have to bring their own
> PC.. I think it would really take off, and help bring GW more business
> too.

I think it'd be good! If they were decent machines I wouldn't mind paying a bit
extra to save the hassle. Even just HiraMonitors would save the hassle of
lunking my old 17" around. ^_^

> > What're the games of the time? Quake2? Many of you lot active on-line gamers??
>
> I was, and if I can ever convince Quake et al. to run at the
> monitor frequencies I want them to run at, I probably will be again.
> Judging from our last Global Warriors night, several of our members are
> avid gamers.

Do many PLUGgers game under Linux??

> Yeah, we run a Quake2/sin/unreal/shogo/turok2/blood2/halflife/tribes
> server here at Networx and the guys in charge of running that are all
> excited about Q3A coming out soon.

What? No Heretic II?? *sigh sadly* I'd really like a local quick Heretic II
server!! It's THE greatest multiplayer game (well, ok, near the top. Not that
I've had many quick servers to try it on!), and one of the best single-player
games (not much beats HalfLife ^_^).

> P.S. The games server is open to anyone on the WAIX or PIX peering points
> if anyone on this list wants to play.. :)
> http://gamezone.networx.net.au/ for more information.

Cool!! Will have to add that to the Clan Links. ^_^
No server stats online? How busy are the servers usually? When's the peak
times?

: CWIS Technical Officer         -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :