[plug] MEMBERSHIP FEES - official word from Prez of Vice on fees

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Fri Mar 5 13:31:10 WST 1999

Gary Allpike wrote:
> With regard to fees -
> * Does PLUG have a bank account to deposit these fees ?

Yes, AFAIK. Ask named when he returns from Land of Long White Cloud.
moneyd ($d? David Campbell, anyway) may know - fees live in his PLUG
cashbox at the moment.

> * Who is responsible for managing this account ?

I think moneyd, officially, although it may have been set up by named.

> * Who are the signatories ?

Pass.

> * What mechanisms exist for reporting usage of the account ?

Pass. Since we're having procedure, I would expect account statements to
be tabled at now-required AGM.

> * Has PLUG applied for non-profit status - and if not, who is going to do
> the taxation paperwork ?

AFAIK, "we" are a non-profit association.

> I guess in summary, there need to be provisions put in place to handle the
> money situation, I also believe they fees should be set by absolute
> majority at a meeting.

They were. Unanimous agreement of all present, actually, about thirty
people at the time.

Talk to Ian about website (mailto:ian.kent at pobox.com, off top of head).

> If PLUG wants to start handling money, I would like to see all the proper
> checks and procedures put in place prior to ANY money being handed over.

Oh, no!!! Too late... (-:

>> Erm, these fees, maybe I've missed something recently . . .    are they your
>> actual membership fees for PLUG, applicable to all including lurkers, or
>> what?  I'd haveta post youse a cheque or something.

Regular attendees are expected to pay, mailing-list posters not AFAIK,
lurkers definitely not AFAIK.

>>> How much is payable? about $10 for normal ppls $5 for students /
>>> pensioners and $50 for  corporats (not me im normal )

No "abouts" about it.

--
I wouldn't touch ActiveX with a 10-foot polecat.
I might, however, let one loose on the developers.
 --cddukes at eos.ncsu.edu