[plug] Samba w/NT

Roger Yerramsetti rogery at wantree.com.au
Mon Mar 8 10:32:38 WST 1999

On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, Greg Raftery wrote:

| I have just installed NT and can't connect to my Linux gateway using
| \\hostname\hostshare. This works fine under 95, but I keep getting
| asked for a password in NT.

| Does anyone have any pointers?

samba docs mention doing a registry hack to make NT work with
plaintextpasswords instead of encrypted passwords (win98/nt default to
encrypted i believe, win95 defaults to plain text).

Look in the samba documentation installed (/usr/doc/samba-VERSIONHERE/docs
on redhat systems) for a file WinNT.txt which has pointers with
troubleshooting samba (and the instructions on how to do the registry
hack).

Probably available on samba webpage too somewhere (http://www.samba.org)

-----
Roger Yerramsetti      [   rogery at wantree.com.au   ]  if (sleep) {
Snr Sys Administrator  [ http://www.wantree.com.au ]   /* as if :) */
Wantree Internet       [     Ph: (08) 9221 8899    ]  }